Lonsdale Park on the Yarra Terms and Conditions
Guest payment terms
The guest pays a booking deposit once the booking request has been accepted.
The booking deposit constitutes 50% of the booking fee for the Lonsdale House or the Lonsdale Studio. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. The guest pays 100% of the booking deposit (booking fee + remaining balance) if their booking request date is within 30 days prior to arrival.
Refundable damage deposit (RDD)
The guest pays a refundable damage deposit amount – $500 for the Lonsdale House and $250 for the Lonsdale Studio. This amount is due 30 days before arrival and is refunded 7 days after departure.
If the guest cancels their booking within 14 days of arrival, the owners keeps 100% of the total booking fee. If the guest cancels their booking before this time, the owners keep the booking deposit amount (per ‘Guest payment terms’ above).
Special terms and conditions for renting the Lonsdale on the Yarra properties:
- Payment of the booking deposit constitutes the guests’ acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Remaining balance of the total booking fee, plus the refundable damage deposit, is due one month (30days) prior to the arrival date.
- All cancellations incur loss of booking deposit. If cancellation is made within 14 days of arrival, there will be a loss of 100% of the total booking fee.
- The refundable damage deposit will be refunded within 7 days subject to these terms and conditions being met.
- Guests accept that that they can enjoy the House or Studio and, along with other guests who are on the property, paddocks and riverside areas, but have no legal rights over any of these spaces.
- The number of guests is not to exceed the number stated in the booking request unless agreed to by the owner in writing. Fees will apply for any extra guests not agreed to by the owners in advance.
- Parties and functions are strictly prohibited unless agreed to in advance by the owner in writing. Fees will apply if a party or function that has not been agreed to by the owners in advance is held.
- This is a working farm and although guests have access to walk on part of the property, guests accept that there might be other people on the surrounding property maintaining the gardens and the upkeep of the property. Guest are to refrain from picking the fruit as the produce is sold at local markets.
- Vehicles are not to be taken beyond the house driveway and allotted parking area.
- Guests are to leave the accommodation in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Guests are expected to clean up any mess they have created during their stay. This includes cleaning all dishes and leaving the kitchen counter as it was on arrival. Fees will be deducted from the refundable damage deposit if excess cleaning is required.
- Guests must pay for any additional costs incurred during their stay including; but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements. Fees will be deducted from the refundable damage deposit as required.
- The Lonsdale Park House and Studio are fully furnished, and the guest confirms that all items in the House and Studio at the beginning of rental will be there at the end of the rental period.
- Guests understand that the Lonsdale Park House and Studio have septic tank systems and agree to take reasonable care in ensuring these systems are not damaged, including not putting anything other than the toilet paper provided down the toilet.
- Guests understand that the Lonsdale Park House and Studio properties rely solely on tank water and agree to use water sparingly. Short showers are encouraged and appreciated.
- Theft and loss of the guests’ personal property is the guests’ responsibility during their stay.
- Sorry, pets are strictly not allowed.
- Outside fires of any type are strictly prohibited.
- The accommodation has not been set up for toddlers and children between the ages of 1 – 8 years of age. Guests must therefore be under 1 year or over 8 years of age, unless agreed to in writing with the owners in advance. Please advise if you are planning to bring a baby. Note there are various ponds and a dam on the property.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the accommodation at any stage. Please make sure doors are closed if smoking outside.
- The check-in time is 4pm and the check-out time is 12pm on weekends and 11am on weekdays unless previously agreed to by the owners/ managers in writing.
- If any guests have applied spray tan, please ensure that these guests bring their own towels and have showered prior to using the linen on beds.
- If your booking is between December and March, terms and conditions 16(a)-(b) apply:
(a) Lonsdale Park on the Yarra operates in a CFA protected area and the property will be closed on days the CFA classify as “CODE RED”. The owner will make every attempt to promptly notify all guests of this eventuality should it arise.
(b) If guests’ stay is cancelled due to Code Red circumstances, the owner will, by agreement with the guests, reschedule the booking to the best date available or refund the full amount paid.
(c) In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of stay by the owner due to Code Red circumstances, the guests agree to hold the owner blameless in the event of loss or damage the guests may incur.
- Variations to these terms and conditions may only be made by prior arrangement with the owners/ mangers in writing.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.