The Yarra Valley is one of Australian’s leading wine regions conveniently located an hours drive from Melbourne.
There are several towns to choose from: Healesville, Yarra Glen and Yarra Junction are just a few of the options. However, the big question is: when you’re planning your next trip, should you stay at a hotel or a holiday rental?
Yarra Valley Hotels
A hotel is an excellent choice for business travellers and here’s why:
- Short stay: typically business trips are short – overnight or a couple of days. A hotel is the best option as you won’t have time to set up a holiday home.
- Housekeeping: at a hotel you’ll have a team of efficient housekeepers to clean and tidy so you can focus on your work
- Concierge: will have a wealth of local knowledge to answer your questions and give you great advice on where to go and what to see.
- Room Service: if you’re too exhausted after a day full of meetings order room service or dine at the hotel restaurant.
Yarra Valley Holiday Rentals
A luxury holiday home or a Healesville holiday rental in the Yarra Valley is more suited to the leisure traveller visiting for a few days or a week. Here’s why:
- Privacy: provides a private location for friends and family to relax and enjoy each others’ company. Ideal for family reunions; brides preparing for their wedding day, a get-together for old friends or a base for wine lovers to explore the best of the Yarra Valley wineries.
- Self-contained: dining out for every meal can become tedious, especially if you love to cook. A holiday home allows you to create your best Master Chef meal and share the culinary delights with friends and family. You’ll also have access to tasty local produce to add a special something to your recipes.
- Space: self-contained accommodation wins hands down if you’re travelling with a small group of friends or family.
- Gardens: an appealing aspect for city dwellers looking to connect with nature. Many local holiday rentals have gardens.
- Coffee: the joy of making your coffee first thing in the morning using your favourite brew cannot be underestimated! Coffee lovers will understand this.
- Authenticity: chain hotels give you a consistent, cookie-cutter experience, whereas a holiday rental gives you a feel for the region. You’ll have a greater appreciation of the local architecture, flora and fauna.